Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Canon Powershot A480


I was searching for another camera to use for the trip because I kinda figured I did'nt want to use my Cybershot T300 on the trip to Ilocos, so I searched at Tipipc.com for another camera and found out this cheap yet very functional Canon Digicam the Poweshot A480. But I had it bought in Greenhills since I didn't have time to meet with the sellers at TPC. Starting with how it looks, it's not exactly sexy as some might look for in a gadget especially the fashion crowd, but it is quite handy and comfy to hold.


Now the back part of this camera is quite simple and suites it's target market which is the amateur photographers and casual first time camera owners, because the control layout is quite easy to understand as long as you read the manual first.



The Screen size is big enough, standard to all the budget cameras as of this time, four years or so ago the standard was 1.8 inches then 2.0 inches now it's 2.4-2.5 inches, some cameras offer LCD sizes as big as 3.0-3.5 inches like my T300 and LX3



The camera is powered by two AA batteries, so I sugget you use NiMH rechargeable types or Lithium-ion type batteries as you common alkaline would last to only 100+ shots and the bad thing is this camera doesn't offer a viewfinder which is suppose to be common to the budget P&S market.



It also accepts SDHC upto 8GB, I think? and then like I said a while ago the camera is comfy to hold mainly because of how it's shaped observed the top layout control and shape of the camera.



A quick list of it's specification:

• Compact, lightweight 10.0 Megapixel camera
• Four colour variations (silver, red, blue or black)
• Canon 3.3x optical zoom
• Easy to use, with simple button layout and intuitive user interface
• 2.5” LCD with Image Inspection Tool for focus checking
• People shots made easy with Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB
• Red-Eye Correction in both shooting and playback
• DIGIC III processing delivers high-quality images and intelligent technologies
• Combats blur with Motion Detection Technology
• Smooth, 30fps VGA movies with Long Play mode
• 15 shooting modes (Scene modes)
• Safety FE avoids blow-out when the flash is used
• Powered by AA batteries


quick link: Canon PH


Some Sample pictures I took Using this Camera:



Color Production is very good as you can see with the top and bottom pics



Skin Tone is good, oh and that's me by the way hahaha! uhm yeah, skin tone is very good and not only because I have good and fair skin



Macro shots are very sharp this one was taken at near 1cm



Same for this shot



Pictures of my cybershot T300 which is still my Favorite Camera haha:



Look at the size of that Screen and it's not even set t wide mode..

I rate my T300 a 9 out of 10

while the Powershot A480 is rated at a good 8 out of 10
sadly the A480 lacks a proper Image Stabilizer it would have been helpful at low-light scenes, btw the iso performance of the A480 is quite good usable at iso 800 and don't even attempt iso 1600. clean at iso 200 and average at iso 400...

It's fairly priced at $135 in TPC to $145 in Ebay.ph at your local stores and Canon reatilers it's priced at $175-$180 but you do get warranty and a free pouch at your canon retailers... You do the math and convert it in Pesos, or better yet go here and search one for yourself TPC

No comments:

Post a Comment